Welcome to the Historic Crystal Theatre
During this special time of giving thanks, the Board of Directors wishes to thank you for your patronage during 2021. We are grateful for a community that appreciates and supports having a performing arts center in their midst.
Crystal Theatre Year in Review:
- Although we were not able to provide “A Gem of a Season” series, we had arobust season of concerts including Pandolfi & Deutsch, The Dan McGuiness Band, Mulebone, The Tamburitzans, Alias Brass, and Alive Again.
- We initiated a new successful series, Third Thursday Local, featuring local talent; we intend to continue this series in 2022.
- Once again, we were able to bring the Missoula Children’s Theatre workshop and performance of Sleeping Beauty for our local children with the help of a grant from the Michigan Council of Arts and Cultural Affairs.
- Another anticipated treat was the return of Beethoven and Banjos for its 6th season; this event featured The Woodland Sky Native American Dance Co.
- Thanks to the CoVantage Cares Foundation, the Stage Reclamation Project was completed, resulting in a new stage rigging system, new stage curtains, and new movie screen. The screen was used for the first time to premiere The Humongous Fungus Among Us documentary by Tim Warmanen.
- The sound system was updated with a generous grant from the Dickinson Area Community Foundation.
- During the Crystal Christmas Festival Dec. 11, Santa will again visit the theatre to hear wishes and pose for photos (4 – 6 pm). At 7:00, the 2005 fantasy film, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, will be shown, sponsored by the Crystal Falls Business Association.
In 2022, we will bring back “A Gem of a Season” subscription featuring eight concerts. Special discounts are available if ordered by the January 15 deadline.
When reopening in June the Theatre adopted the following protocol:
- All staff and volunteers at the Theatre will either mask or have provided proof of vaccination. If you would like us to mask-up while interacting with you, just let us know. Your safety and comfort are important to us.
- Extra ushers will be on hand to help with social distanced seating and with navigating entering and exiting the Theatre.
- Masks and sanitation stations are available throughout the Theatre.
- All common surfaces are disinfected at the close of each event.
Anyone with questions or concerns is welcome to call the Theatre at 906.875.3208
Join Us this Season
The Crystal Theatre brings you a new collection of special events and hand picked performances which are part of the “Gem of Season” collection. Mark you calendar and purchase your season tickets today. Don’t forget to ask about our new box seat options — see you at the Theatre.
A Growing Legacy
The Crystal Theatre is a historic theater located in Crystal Falls, MI in Iron County, in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. This historic theatre has local school drama plays, Instrumentalists, bands, singers, talent show, or organ concert on its impressive Möller Theater Pipe Organ or its renowned Steinway model ‘D’, concert grand piano. Learn More.